Bishop’s Stortford Hockey Club has recently moved to Herts and Essex Sports Centre, Beldams Lane where a state of the art pitch and clubhouse has been built.
The clubhouse offers a great view of the pitch with floor to ceiling windows, it also has an outside balcony where you’ll find our members supporting Stortford playing on the pitch below and of course a bar full of refreshments.
Whether you’re a player, spectator or visitor, you’ll always receive a warm welcome.
For new members wanting to join Bishop’s Stortford Hockey Club click here
Below provides important information, how to get to our pitches and clubhouse, as well as teas and kit details. If you require any further information please email [email protected]
- Please ensure that you follow the current COVID guidelines
- The Parking Eye system at The Herts & Essex Sports Centre (Beldams Lane) is now in operation. Moving forward, anyone who is driving to the clubhouse/pitch must register their number plate at the front desk
- Herts and Essex Sports Centre, Beldams Lane
- Park at the sports centre car park, please ensure that you register all cars at reception to avoid a fine
- There are changing facilities within the sports centre
- Hockerill College, Dunmow Road
- Park at the school car park
- There are changing facilities by the pitch
- All teas are served at Herts and Essex Sports Centre, Beldams Lane
- Captains should contact the relevant Stortford team captain to advise on numbers/dietary requirements
- Teas will be ordered for you unless you advise otherwise
As a general rule Stortford play in:
- Men Top: Blue, Shorts: White, Socks: Red
- Ladies Top: Blue, Skort: Blue, Socks: Red
About our clubhouse & pitch
The construction of the new sports centre and pitch started on 4th May 2018.
The sports development at Beldams Lane is progressing at pace! Exterior of the sports hall looking fab, a real sense of the tremendous view of the future Astro from the bar and the interior of the sports hall all taking shape.
This was delivered for the season of 2019/20 and has provided a great space for the club, both with a state of the art pitch and an amazing viewing platform with its very own balcony over looking the pitch.
“From the club’s point of view it’s been 25, 30 years in the making in terms of trying to get a pitch and clubhouse next to each other,” said Stortford’s development officer and former men’s club captain Gregg Pettit.
“The club used to play at Cricketfield Lane with the clubhouse and the grass pitches outside, which made for that lovely social interaction between the playing, the watching and the drinking afterwards.”
“We’ve lost that since we’ve gone to Hockerill. Hockerill’s a fantastic facility, but unfortunately we don’t have that social side attached to it.”
“We’re hoping that here people will play, come into the clubhouse and watch the following games and stay longer.”
We would also like to thank all those who donated to the club in support of the new clubhouse and pitch, it goes without saying that without you we wouldn’t be where we are today.
Stortford Hockey have been playing at Hockerill Anglo-European College since 1993 – away from the clubhouse at Cricketfield Lane.
The club used to play at Cricketfield Lane with the clubhouse and the grass pitches outside, which made for that lovely social interaction between the playing, the watching and the drinking afterwards… more information can be found here.
- Bishops Stortford Independent: Work begins
- Bishops Stortford Independent: Bishop’s Stortford Hockey Club all set for life
- Hertfordshire Mercury: Work begins
- Herts & Essex Sports Centre School
- Herts and Essex Sports Centre