Please use the following email address for any enquiries [email protected]
The junior section of BSHC caters for children from ages 5 to 14, after which they transfer to the senior section.
The younger age groups are introduced to hockey in a fun and imaginative way, progressing to the development of specific hockey skills and tactics as they increase in age, experience and ability. There are competitive opportunities for most age groups playing in inter-club mini leagues.
We are working hard with other local clubs to arrange competitive games whilst adhering to current EH COVID-19 Rules.
Junior Training (Sep-Jan)
We are delighted to be able to offer Junior Hockey, here is our timetable below, this may be subject to change, depending on coach’s availability.
|U8 Mix||09:30 – 10:15||Hockerill|
|U10 Girls||09:00 – 10:15||Hockerill|
|U12 Girls||10:15 – 11:30||Hockerill|
|U14 Girls||11:30 – 12:45||Hockerill|
|U10 Boys||09:00 – 10:15||Herts & Essex|
|U12 Boys||10:15 – 11:30||Herts & Essex|
|U16 Boys||11:30 12:45||Herts & Essex|
|U14a||18:00 – 19:00||Hockerill|
|U16||20:00 – 21:00||BSC|
|U14 Boys||19:00 – 20:30||Hockerill|
We must thank our wonderful coaches who have agreed to help us run these sessions. They may not be available every week, but we will do our best to cover every session between us all.
We still have to adhere to strict COVID rules, so if you have not yet completed an EH Participation Form, then please do so before stepping onto the pitch.
Age Groups run through school years NOT calendar years!
U8 boys and girls group (from 5yr olds) – 1 Sept 2012 to 31 August 2014 – Annual Subscription £70. Parents must remain for the duration of the session.
U10 Girls and U10 Boys- Annual Subscription £140 – 1 Sept 2010 – 31st August 2012 – Train at separate locations. Parents are advised to remain for the duration of the session – if not staying coaches must be informed.
U12 Girls and U12 Boys – Annual Subscription £140 – 1 Sept 2008 – 31st August 2010 – Train at separate locations. Parents are advised to remain for the duration of the session – if not staying coaches must be informed.
U14 Girls and U14 Boys – Annual Subscription £140 – 1Sept 2006 – 31 August 2008 Train at separate times.
U16 Girls – Annual Subscription £140 – (Invite only) – 1 Sept 2004 – 31st August 2006
U18 Girls – Annual Subscription £140 – 1 Sept 2002 – 31st August 2004
U16 Boys – Annual Subscription £140 -1 Sept 2004 – 31st August 2006
U18 Boys – Annual Subscription £140 – 1 Sept 2002 – 31st August 2004
- We do not charge a match fee for participation in matches and tournaments (except for senior matches).
- Each of the sessions will be run by qualified coaches, and all of them have been DBS checked.
- We play matches on Sunday mornings once a month. The children (u10/12/14) all take part in Alliance League, which takes us around Essex playing in tournaments. We do have several teams so there are plenty of extra matches so everyone will get the chance to play some competitive hockey throughout the season.
- As soon as your child turns 13 they are able to play in our senior squads who play on Saturdays, at various times during the day. You will receive an email from me when this time comes but please remind me nearer the time too!
- Our kit is:
- Girls: Royal Blue skort, Royal blue playing shirt and red socks
- Boys: White shorts, Royal blue playing shirt and red socks
- We do have some sticks you can borrow if you don’t have your own. For each session we suggest wearing sports kit, trainers/Astros (NO spikes!), shin pads and a mouth guard and bring plenty of water!!! Remember, if it is cold, the children need warm clothes including GLOVES and HATS!
- The subs for the season will be £140 (U10 and above) £70 (U8’s) and this includes all matches and training sessions from September to April. If you are new to our club we suggest coming along for a couple of weeks to try us out and then if you wish to join pay then!
- All players must registered on the new website for the new 2020/21 hockey season.