The junior section of BSHC caters for children from ages 5 to 18. Juniors are also eligible to play adult hockey once they turn 13 years of age.
The junior section at Bishop’s Stortford is the lifeblood of the club and the envy of most other clubs. We are proud to have over 460 junior members and continually strive to provide the best coaching and playing opportunities for them all.
The younger age groups are introduced to hockey in a fun and imaginative way, progressing to the development of specific hockey skills and tactics as they increase in age, experience and ability. There are competitive opportunities for all age groups and abilities playing in inter-club leagues, regional and national competitions, depending on individuals development and needs.
For membership fees, please click here for more information.
If you have any questions or would like to contact someone from our junior section team please email [email protected]
These run through school years not calendar years!
|5 years to Year 3
|Year 4 to Year 5
|Year 6 to Year 7
|Year 8 to Year 9
|Year 10 to Year 11
|Year 12 to Year 13
- Our kit is:
- Girls: Royal Blue skort, Royal blue playing shirt and red socks
- Boys: White shorts, Royal blue playing shirt and red socks
- Junior matches and tournaments take place on Sundays roughly every few weeks.
- We do have several teams so there are plenty of extra matches so everyone will get the chance to play some competitive hockey throughout the season.
- As soon as your child turns 13 they are eligible to play in our senior squads who play on Saturdays, at various times during the day.
- For each session we suggest wearing sports kit, trainers/Astros (NO spikes!), shin pads and a mouth guard and bring plenty of water!!! Remember, we play and train in virtually all weathers so if it is cold, the children need warm clothes including GLOVES and HATS!
- Please keep an eye on your emails if the weather is looking particularly cold as a frozen pitch is one of the main reasons we have to cancel matches and training, often at the last minute.
Registration and Contacts
- All players must be registered on the website before attending sessions. Please complete the registration form in full and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- If you are new to our club we suggest coming along for a couple of weeks to try us out and then if you wish to join pay then!
For all enquiries related to the junior section please contact us on the email addresses below:
Karen Higgins will look after the U8’s, U10’s and U12’s for both the boys and girls. Should you need to contact her, the email address to use is [email protected].
Jane Gibson will look after the U14’s, U16’s and U18’s for both the boys and girls. Should you need to contact her, the email address to use is [email protected].
We also have a club welfare officer Pippa Bull who is responsible for the wellbeing and safeguarding of all players. If you have any concerns, please do raise them with Pippa at [email protected].
Finally, if there are any other issues you wish to discuss in relation to the junior section, then please do get in touch with Juan Salinas our Junior Director at [email protected].
Our new Juniors Instagram account is now live, follow here.