This section of the website is for club coaches to access coaching and training plans and to share ideas.
Content will be continually added over the coming months so keep checking back!
- Core Skills For Hockey
- Goalkeeping Resources
- Junior/Basic Drills
- Back to Hockey
- Sportplan Coaching Resources
- Skills/Coaching Videos
Core Skills For Hockey
Contains details on a large number of core skills that players should be encouraged to develop and the key coaching points to reinforce when coaching these skills.
Also contains some drills and practices to work on specific to those skills. Core Skills Document
Goalkeeping in Field Hockey – training, techniques, coaching and materials: Goalkeeping Manual
- The 49 illustrated Challenge Cards are designed to enable the coach to deliver core skills such as dribbling with the ball.
- The top of the card gives a written explanation and illustration of the challenge as well as tips to remember.
- The back of the card identifies teaching and safety points and ways to adapt the challenge.
- This is called the STEP framework and has been created to help modify the challenges to be both harder or easier depending on skill level.
This gives the coach four methods of differentiation:
- S – Space: where the challenge takes place.
- T- Task: what is happening.
- E – Equipment: what is being used.
- P – People: who is involved.
The number of cards allows the deliverer to be creative and develop their own sessions by mixing, matching and adjusting the exercises depending on the goals of the session.
- Quicksticks coaching cards 1-10
- Quicksticks coaching cards 11-20
- Quicksticks coaching cards 21-30
- Quicksticks coaching cards 31-40
- Quicksticks coaching cards 41-49
Back to Hockey Coaching Resources
Details on how to run back to hockey sessions including useful drills for all sessions.
Sportplan Coaching Resources
Sportplan is an online coaching resource used by England Hockey and coaches around the world to share drills and ideas.
- Access to a Library of 550+Hockey Video techniques and Animated Drills
- Professional Coaches Planning Tools
- Chalkboard – sketch drills and plays
- Expert Coaching Plans
- Expert Answers
Please use the link below to access the website where BSHC have purchased a full membership to allow access to all the information on the site. We also have a link to the EHB section of the website which provides coaching resources for all level 1 coaches!
Login details are:-
Email – [email protected]
Password – bshc
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE WHO IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE CLUB OR WE WILL HAVE TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION!!
Top skills and coaching videos from around the world – Enjoy!!
- Defending Tips (England Hockey)
- Block Tackle (Hockey Australia)
- Tackling (Mark Knowles)
- Tackling and Defensive Structures (Matthew Wells)
- Tackling (David Bell)
Passing and Receiving
- Passing Tips (England Hockey)
- Receiving Tips (England Hockey)
- Backstick Push (Hockey Australia)
- Slap Hit (Hockey Australia)
- Hit (Hockey Australia)
- Forestick Trap (Hockey Australia)
- Stationary Push (Hockey Australia)
Elimination and Dribbling
- Creating Space Tips (England Hockey)
- 1v1 Elimination Tips (England Hockey)
- Dribbling Tips (England Hockey)
- Eliminating a Player (Hockey Australia)
- 2 vs 1 (Hockey Australia)
- Jink Right To Left (Hockey Australia)
- Jink Left To Right (Hockey Australia)
- Drag Right To Left (Hockey Australia)
- Drag Left To Right (Hockey Australia)
- Dribbling Freestyle (Hockey Australia)
- Running With The Ball (Hockey Australia)
- Dribbling (Ryan Archibald)
- Short Corner Tips (England Hockey)
- Taekema Slow Motion Drag Flick
- PC Trap (Hockey Australia)
- PC Push Out (Hockey Australia)
- Drag Flicks (Jerome Dekeyser)
- Offensive and Defensive Corner Tactics (Tjerk Van Herwaarden)
Shooting and Hitting
- Goal Scoring Tips (England Hockey)
- Tomahawk (Hockey Australia)
- Upright Backstick (Hockey Australia)
- Reverse hit (Phil Burrows)
- Goal shooting Skills #1 (Hockey Australia)
- Goal shooting Skills #2 (Hockey Australia)
- Goal shooting Skills #3 (Hockey Australia)
- Goal shooting Skills #4 (Hockey Australia)