1’s v Dereham 1’s


Stortford hosted Dereham in what was going to be a tight game with both teams trying to avoid relegation.

Things got off to a bad start when some poor marking left a Dereham player free to beat Ollie Foot at his near post. However Stortford fought back and Ali Charlton equalised to leave the teams level at the break.

Stortford started the second half well scoring quickly through Rich Heywood and Tom Frenzel to give a two goal lead. Dereham didn’t give up and converted two corner chances to level the game up with just a few minutes left. A hopeful Dereham ball into the circle looked to be dealt with but the clearance went straight to the Dereham forward who buried the ball to make it 4-3 and leave Stortford needing to pick up points in all of their remaining games

2’s v Welwyn 1’s


Bruce Rodda

Stortford mens 2s endured a physical encounter away to WGC with a dogged display which resulted in a hard earned 1-0 victory on the road.  The visitors enjoyed the majority of the possession in the first half, but found the pitch and physicality difficult to navigate towards creating solid opportunities.  The home side put in some questionable challenges, which meant Stortford had to hold their nerve to ensure the hockey did the talking. Bruce Rodda scored a neat reverse stick strike from the rebound off a Sam Bampton effort to give the visitors the lead into the half.  

The second half saw continued dangerous challenges test the Stortford resolve and tempers flared.  After a pause to reflect, the game came to life.  Some late pressure on the Stortford goal saw an outstanding match-saving effort from keeper Butcher to keep the lead.  The Mens 2s were delighted to come away with the 3 points and only a fat lip and a few bruises.

3’s v Letchworth 2’s


4’s v Welwyn 3’s


5’s v Letchworth 4


In an end to end match the men’s 5s sought redemption after two consecutive defeats. With determination blazing, they surged ahead from the start, dominating possession and crafting numerous scoring opportunities. The opening goal came from Will Fox, finishing a well worked short corner routine. However, a momentary lapse allowed Letchworth to exploit a Stortford error, leveling the scoreline.

Undeterred, Stortford pressed on into the second half, James Nash, redeeming himself from an earlier missed stroke, calmly slotted the ball into the bottom corner, followed by Tom Wood’s timely strike at the back post, catapulting the 5s to a 3-1 lead. Yet, complacency crept in, leading to a sudden turnaround as Letchworth struck back with two rapid-fire goals, leaving the match deadlocked at 3-3. Refusing to settle for anything less than victory, Stortford elevated their performance, clinching a decisive short corner opportunity.

Captain James Nash seized the moment, unleashing a blistering shot from the top of the D, securing his second goal of the game to grab all three points.

6’s v Rickmansworth 3’s


7’s development side v St Alban’s 9’s


Stortford’s Mens 7s Development team faced St Albans 9s on a bright sunny afternoon at Hockerill, with both teams featuring a blend of junior and more senior players. With wide structures, there was plenty of space and time in the midfield around Gethin Lewis and Albie Walton as Stortford built up the pressure, forcing St Albans to rely on breakaways in their attempts to score. Stortford edged the first half with a goal from Phil Rowley as the visitor’s defence failed to deal with a Ben Jones shot.

In the second half, the pace quickened and passing improved all round. St Albans equalised from a well struck short corner but James Nash soon restored the slender Stortford lead to make it 2-1. However, the visitors equalised again as they bundled Stortford keeper Jez Allardyce and managed to get a ball in off the post. Extra pressure from the Mens 7s resulted in another short corner where Daniel Devine’s shot was parried invitingly to Phil Rowley who struck powerfully across the St Albans keeper to grab a 3-2 victory.